…WE NEED YOU….
- Youth Arts Movement Uganda seeks a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security. YAMU is a global force of young people and a partner of choice within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty ,and achieving global peace and equality for all through innovations and creativity. We desire to be known everywhere for our unshakable commitment to the dignity of people regardless of their gender and backgrounds.
- To achieve our goals, YAMU is seeking a top performing Country Director who will lead the Uganda Country Office and consistently demonstrate the characteristics and vision to work towards our critical priorities, drive change and take us to the next level. More specifically the Country Director will drive for impact that benefits women and girls, address injustice and discrimination, and enhance the lives of poor and vulnerable communities through creative programs and sustainable global citizenship.
- The CD will also coordinate the development of YAMU’s Business plan aiming at developing milestones for the changes/transformations that are planned to take place within the next 3-5 years and defining how the implementation of these changes/transformations will be resourced.
- The Country Director is also responsible for all aspects of YAMU’s work including, among others, setting strategic direction and vision, ensuring program quality, efficient operational procedures and systems, grants and contracts management, financial management, staff management, YAMU’s representations with Government representatives, donors, partners and vendors.
- Staff Management
- Strategic Planning
- Program Impact and Relevance
- Resource Mobilization & Operations Viability
- Human Resources
- External Relations, Partnerships and Advocacy
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 4-8 years in a senior management position in a development field
- Demonstrated experience in leading strategic and operational planning
- Extensive conceptual skills including strategic analysis
- Must possess the ability to lead and manage program implementation and development, knowledge Management and Learning
- Demonstrated management skills; comfort in managing both humanitarian and development programs
- Experience in working with/ for private sector
- Demonstrated self-awareness, leadership and interpersonal skills; Strong human resource management skills including capacity building, coaching and conflict management
- Experience supervising and developing a multi-disciplinary team in a cross-cultural setting with demonstrated interest and ability to give feedback, develop, motivate and lead a diverse team to achieve results
- Experience and skills in leading organizational change processes
- Experience in managing finance, donor rules and regulations
- Experience in successfully managing various forms of partnerships with national and international NGOs, etc.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with donors and government counterparts
- Strong representation, influencing and negotiation skills
Please send your CV/Resume and cover letter via email at; email@example.com
Are you an international Volunteer , and seeking to invest your skills and knowledge while also having a good time in Africa, Consider applying to our International Volunteer Program.
We are currently in need of volunteers in the Fields of Arts and Design, Film and Photography, Music, Dance, Poetry and performing theatre arts on contemporary, Health and medicine, Management and finance. The learners are between ages 10-25 years. So anyone interested in creating a positive impact in a local community in Uganda, want to explore innovative entrepreneurial ideas, come and be part of something that could make a difference! You can apply anytime through the year